BTBF Reflections : Rebecca's thoughts

   

    I told Rebecca two things before handing her my computer with my website's homepage. First, the theme for my website is food and identity. Second, I wanted her to explore freely. 

    I noticed that her comments fell into two categories: style and content. She liked the way I organized my website and the color scheme I chose. I was worried about using white lettering on a pink background, but she said it was easy to read. She also liked the typewriter font of my words. For my about page, she liked the pictures I chose to introduce myself. Moreover, she thought it was interesting that the graphic novel was its own page and not a post. She actually thought it made sense because of how much content it had on it. To her, it felt like it's own part of the blog. I was glad to hear the positive feedback regarding the style choices I mad for the blog because it had the desired effect. The blog was aesthetically pleasing, so she kept clicking.

    As for content, she was a fan of the food and identity theme. She read the "What I Eat in a Day" post silently. I actually enjoyed her silence because it felt like she was sucked into my words. As for the graphic novel, her first comment was "you made this?". I loved that reaction because I put a lot of effort into the graphic novel. She talked about how easy to read the graphic novel was, and it made me think about why we used a different form of media in the first place. Putting our thoughts and opinions on a different media makes sure it reaches people that are more likely to interact with that form of media. In fact, post that included pictures or a form of multi-media were popular, the graphic novel being the most popular one. I think this is due to their ability of grabbing attention. Because of this I will consider adding pictures to any post it makes sense for. She agreed with many of the ideas on the graphic novel and especially liked my ideas on gatekeeping cultural foods. It made me realize that along with writing personal narratives on food and identity, I want to write more narratives about broader topics related to food and identity. 


Read What I Eat in a Day

Read my Graphic Novel

Comments

Popular Posts