BTBF Reflections: Rebecca's thoughts II (interview format)

  

 
I believed it would be interesting to interview the same person as before to see how their opinion has grown or changed. Her first reaction made me laugh this time: "You have a typo." In fact, Rebecca found multiple typos, especially in some of my more recent blog posts. This made me appreciate having someone else's eyes on my blog in a critical sense. Rather than the feedback I received in class, which was more geared toward content and stylistic choices, Rebecca looked at everything holistically. Rebecca also made comments about the style choices, too. She liked the colors and how they meshed together and also liked how the aesthetic was consistent. 

    Lastly, Rebecca answered questions about the content. She liked how there were multiple connections to the inquiry on food and identity. Interestingly, she was most interactive with posts that included or were other mediums. While she was more inclined to skip or skim the reflection, she was actively engaged with the multi-mediums. She read the slideshow carefully on the recipe post and claimed, "Making this recipe seems fun." I had never thought about readers finding fun in my posts. Rather, I was mostly always coming from an informational standpoint. Her response to how posts made her feel was very diverse; some were expected, but others were surprising. After this interview, I actually prefer diverse reactions. I don't want readers to only react one way to the blog, and Rebecca helped me realize this. 

    In response to direct correlations between my posts and food and identity, Rebecca appreciated how many perspectives and issues were included in the blog. She knew the inquiry was nuanced and liked that different posts responded to different aspects. 

Comments

Popular Posts